Dear Physics Community,
I think everyone looks forward to the end of the term — much has happened, and most of you and I need a break.
Today we had an 8 am zoom meeting; slides are here. Iain asked that our instructors ensure they have plans in place in case students in their subject test positive. Physics instructors did this at the start of term, and I’m asking that instructors remind their students just now. We also heard about different scenario planning and that MIT does not plan any additional restrictions. Indeed, the discussion centered on relaxing the current restrictions during Spring. Stay tuned.
I learned from Peter Dourmashkin that our technical instructor Caleb Bonyun maintains a viral site with Physics demos. For example,
Thanks for this to Caleb for showing off his group’s work.
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship here
- Air Force Research Lab Scholars Program Summer 2022 Internships – Application Now Open! application webinar
- TESS discovers a planet the size of Mars but with the makeup of Mercury from George Ricker, Roland Venderspek, and Sara Seager here
A Massachusetts company leads as the race for fusion energy heats up, led by MIT NSE here.
- Electrons for neutrinos from Or Hen, here
- Quanta Magazine article on quantum simulation with Valdan Vuletic here